Official MLB Face Masks Online Store - Kansas City Royals Face Masks

Opina sobre todo lo relacionado con el Real Murcia.

Moderadores: Diego, metapod, SCM, franjrs, Co2

BessLineberger
Aficionado
Aficionado

Official MLB Face Masks Online Store - Kansas City Royals Face Masks

Mensaje por BessLineberger » 22 Dic 2020, 08:01

Kurkjian: My favorite trade of the winter meetings occurred on Dec. 4, 1988. The Orioles, the team I covered for The Baltimore Sun, sent star first baseman Eddie Murray to the Dodgers for pitchers Jay Howell and Brian Holton, and shortstop Juan Bell. Murray would be a first-ballot Hall of Famer just from his 12 years in Baltimore. It was an enormous deal for both teams, but it had been kept so secretive until we discovered that Roland Hemond, the GM of the Orioles, and Fred Claire of the Dodgers, had met in a hotel in Chicago shortly before the meetings to discuss the deal. When I called Hemond in his hotel room, he said, "You ask tough questions," and answered none of them. Hemond is an all-time favorite; he did everything honestly, by the book. So when I walked with him on his way to the podium to officially announce the Murray trade, I asked for the third player the Orioles were getting. Hemond said, "Sorry, I can't tell you until the deal is done.'' Ten seconds later, he announced the trade.Cincinnati Reds Face Masks

Passan: At the 2015 meetings, my colleague at the time, Tim Brown, got a tip: Cincinnati closer Aroldis Chapman, who was on the verge of being traded by the Reds, had gotten into trouble off the field. He didn't have any firm details.Pittsburgh Pirates Face Masks

Thankfully, my friend Max is a schoolteacher in South Florida, and he said he'd be happy to hustle over to the police department and request the documents. A few hours and 17 cellphone pics later, we had the full file -- and a story about Chapman allegedly firing a gun indoors that scuttled the Reds' trade with the Los Angeles Dodgers, which wound up landing him with the Yankees, and eventually led to the first suspension under MLB's new domestic violence policy.

But think about it in the same way you think about putting on your seat belt—a minor inconvenience that can save lives. I’m careful to wear a mask outside my home every time I’m out and about. But, ultimately, saving lives and livelihoods as we head into these winter months will require a collective effort from all of us.

"It was very collaborative and I've always appreciated the way the Big Ten athletic directors work together and this was no exception to that," he said. "At the end of the day, it was pointed out that if they had been able to play against Michigan, even if they would have lost, they had already clinched the top spot in the East, so real collaborative discussion and in the end it was voted that the six-game minimum be waived."

What’s important here aren’t the precise numbers. It’s the realization that, under any scenario, this pandemic is far from over, and, together, we have it within our power to shape what happens next. If more people make the decision to wear masks in public today, it could help to delay—or possibly even prevent—the need for future shutdowns. As such, the widespread use of face coverings has the potential to protect lives while also minimizing further damage to the economy and American livelihoods. It’s a point that NIH’s Anthony Fauci and colleagues presented quite well in a recent commentary in JAMA.Kansas City Royals Face Masks

When looking at OPS+, which adjusts a player’s OPS for park factors and league hitting environment, with the average being 100, Allen also comes out strong. His career OPS+ of 156 (meaning his OPS was 56% better than the average player during his career) is the 19th-highest in major league history, tied with Mays and Thomas, and ahead of Aaron.San Diego Padres Face Masks
Responder